Willie Price Lab School received our National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accreditation in 2018. NAEYC is the nation’s oldest and largest organization of early childhood professionals.
NAEYC Accreditation involves an intensive self-study based on the Academy’s Criteria for High-Quality Early Childhood Programs. Each NAEYC accredited program must meet all 10 NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards.
IN A NAEYC ACCREDITED PROGRAM, YOU WILL SEE:
- Warm, sensitive, and positive RELATIONSHIPS to help children feel secure
- a CURRICULUM that fosters all areas of child development-cognitive, emotional, language, physical, and social
- appropriate and effective TEACHING approaches that enhance each child’s learning and development
- a variety of ASSESSMENTS that help teachers plan appropriate curriculum and experiences for each child’s strengths and needs
- a HEALTHY AND SAFE environment that supports the positive development of children
- a TEACHING STAFF with the educational qualifications, knowledge, and professional commitment necessary to promote children’s learning and development
- collaborative relationships with FAMILIES based on mutual trust and respect
- connections with the COMMUNITY and its resources
- appropriate and well-maintained indoor and outdoor PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTS
- strong PROGRAM MANAGEMENT that helps all children, families, and staff have high-quality experiences
WANT MORE INFORMATION ABOUT NAEYC?
Go to the National Association for the Education of Young Children.